You should take it for granted. We want you to not think about the Eruv. It’s our job to be busy with it.
Just take a moment here and give a donation. It goes around, because you will get to enjoy all the benefits that the Monsey Eruv brings.
It might be of interest to you to know a bit of what’s involved, so you know where your money is going to:
- Building the Eruv using materials and construction methods that make it reliable, Mehudar – free of any Shailos.
- Having people well-versed in the relevant Halachos who check the Eruv weekly.
- Having it regularly checked by Rabbis.
- Investing in bucket trucks, storage, and repairmen.
- When the community populates neighboring areas, we make expansions to encompass those sections.
- Making some changes with the Eruv construction at times.
- Doing all that it takes to prevent emergency repair issues.
- Repairing the Eruv.
- Being on top of tree trimming so it shouldn’t affect the Eruv.
- Rerouting the Eruv when it’ll help the community.
- Maintaining a website, email system and SMS messages to inform you of any alerts, weekly.
- Organizing events to spread Eruv awareness.
The above list includes prerequisites for a Kosher Eruv and are a priority for us. However, without proper funding, the Eruv cannot last and expand.
Many people promise to donate to the building of a new Eruv as it’s being built, because they know their Shabbos would be significantly different without an Eruv. However, once the Eruv is up, some assume that funding is not necessary anymore.But as you see, it’s an ongoing expense.
We happily and willingly provide you with an Eruv. Please happily and willingly provide the funding. Have a peaceful Shabbos.